We have a wealth of experience to assist our clients with litigation in the High Court, Regional Court, Magistrate’s Court as well as other forums.
Through time and experience we have also built up a network of exceptional specialists in the form of Advocate’s, Attorneys, other legal experts and professionals with whom we work on a daily basis.
Our professional litigation services include:
- Written demands for payment of money and the fulfilment of contractual obligations;
- Instituting and defending court actions;
- Instituting and opposing court applications;
- Attending and representing clients in Court proceedings as well as other hearings;
- Arbitration proceedings;
- Rental disputes;
- Evictions under the Prevention of Illegal Eviction and Unlawful Occupation of Land Act (“PIE”);
- Evictions under the Extension of Security of Tenure Act (“ESTA”);
- Divorce, maintenance and other family law matters;
- Providing opinions and advice regarding any matters of law, procedure or matters of commercial importance
- Resolving tax disputes and assisting with SARS dispute resolution procedures.
We provide personal representation and assistance in criminal matters regarding:
- Providing advice regarding criminal law and procedure;
- Commercial crime;
- Bail applications;
- Criminal Court appearances and trials.
- Arrests and questioning by SAPS; and
- Driving under the influence / drunken driving (DUI).
Our firm provides a personal property transfer service comprising of inter alia:
1. Drafting of Deed of Sale or Offer to Purchase agreements;
2. Drafting of Transfer documents such as Deeds of Transfer, Power of Attorney to Pass Transfer, Application for Certified Copy of Lost Title Deed, etc.
3. Drafting of Conveyancer’s Certificates;
4. Applications for Rates Clearance Certificates from relevant Local Authorities
5. Registration of Transfer of Immoveable Property (Freehold and Sectional Title)
We will gladly assist you with the following:
- General commercial agreements
- Lease agreements
- Restraints of trade
- Sale of a business
- Employment agreements
- Shareholding agreements
- Franchise agreements
- Joint venture agreements
- Acknowledgments of debt
- Loan agreements
- Confidentiality agreements
- Non-disclosure agreements
- Sale of immoveable property
Our firm offers expert advice on the drafting of trusts. We are furthermore well versed on the procedures and requirements in the Masters office and can therefore assist you with all trust related matters.
We can assist you with first applications for liquor licences, the transfer of liquor licences as well as applications for temporary or special event liquor licences.
Our team is well equipped and ready to assist you. In this regard, we will provide you with a professional and personal service in navigating the often daunting legal world.
JP grew up in the Helderberg and obtained his LLB degree from the University of Stellenbosch in 2001. He then joined Heunis & Heunis Attorneys in Somerset West, where he completed his articles and later became a director.
JP Joubert Attorneys was established in 2011 and has since gone from strength to strength. JP is also an accredited commercial mediator, a role that comes naturally to him.
JP is married to Hilde, and they have two children. He enjoys the outdoors and sports such as mountain biking. JP is also a consultant at Karel Brink Attorneys, with whom he has a close working relationship.
Francis Clerke grew up in the Southern Suburbs of Cape Town. He obtained his BA degree from the University of Stellenbosch, his LLB from the University of the Witwatersrand and his LLM from the University of Cape Town.
Francis initially practised as an attorney in Cape Town. He then joined the corporate world. He spent 28 years with the oil company, Chevron South Africa (formerly Caltex Oil SA and now renamed as Astron Energy) where he became Chief Corporate Counsel for 15 years.
Since retiring from Chevron, Francis has developed expertise in municipal law and other areas of law relevant to property owners on which he provides legal services and advice to the property industry.
Mr Brink is our consultant and is an experienced litigant in all branches of the law. Mr Brink completed his articles of clerkship at Rosendorff Attorneys in Bloemfontein in 1964 where he served as Professional Assistant until February 1965 before taking up Partnership at the firm.
Mr Brink left Rosendorff Attorneys in May 1985 to join Jan S De Villiers Attorneys as a Partner where he remained in this position for nearly 23 years. During this time Mr Brink was the mentor to many successful advocates, attorneys and other legal professionals.
In 2008 Mr Brink joined the firm Heunis Law Group as a consultant. Mr Brink and JP worked closely together in the litigation department.
In November 2009 Karel started his own firm in Strand which works in association with JP Joubert Attorneys Inc. and Boy Louw Inc.
Erika grew up in the Helderberg and matriculated from Bloemhof Girls High School in 2006, whereafter she obtained a BA degree from the University of Stellenbosch in 2010. She subsequently obtained her LLB from the University of South Africa and completed her articles at the Stellenbosch University Law Clinic.
Erika joined J P Joubert Attorneys in 2020, bringing with her the wealth of knowledge she obtained in PIE and ESTA eviction applications. Erika is currently in the process of obtaining her certificate to practice as a conveyancer, which she hopes to achieve by the end of 2021.
Nichaela grew up in the Helderberg and matriculated from Somerset West Private School in 2015. She is currently in the process of obtaining her LLB from the University of South Africa, while simultaneously completing her articles of clerkship at J P Joubert Attorneys.
021 851 8116
086 609 9371
JP Joubert Attorneys Incorporated,
Caledon Street Chambers,
30 Caledon Street, Somerset West
PO Box 445, Strand, 7139